90-Minute Historical Walking Tour
Discover Savannah’s long and fascinating history on a 90-minute walking tour. While strolling in the shade of our majestic tree canopy, you'll learn about our founding as the 13th colony in 1733, our unique City Plan, and the people that shaped what Savannah is today.
To provide a personal experience, tours are limited to 15 people. You’ll be given a small wireless receiver and a set of earbuds (that you keep). Your tour guide speaks in a microphone so you'll easily hear the tour from up to 100 feet away.
This tour starts in Johnson Square near the sundial at the south end of the square.
Pricing: $25 per adult (13 and over); $12 for children 8-12; Children under 7 and under are free with paying adult.
Book Your Walking Tour While Visiting Savannah for theHoliday Tour of Homes
This tour is a great option for groups and those who want to be assured you are the only guests on this tour. This tour is customized to your interests. Please complete the contact form below or call us at 912-446-2129.Book this tour
Hi! I’m Lisa, owner and tour guide for Hip to be Square Savannah Walking Tours.
When I moved to Savannah I fell in love with the magic of the Historic District, the City Plan of Squares, the monuments and historic homes, and the rich history of the 13th colony of the United States. After extensive research and accumulating a personal library of books about Savannah's history, I wrote the scripts that now are the narration for my tours. I hope you join me and look forward to meeting and sharing Savannah with you!
To book a tour, fill out the form below (noting the day and time you are interested to have the tour) or give me a call at 912-446-2129
- Advanced reservations are required for all Hip to be Square Savannah Walking Tours by completing the contact form or calling 912-446-2129
- We walk at a comfortable pace for everyone, allowing time to enjoy your surroundings and truly experience Savannah.
- Consider the season and weather and dress appropriately, especially wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Benches are along the way for you to rest a minute and bathroom stops are available if needed.
- Dogs are welcome on this tour.
- Wheelchairs / Scooters are welcome but be aware that there are brick sidewalks that are uneven in places.